The History of Grace Christian Church
Grace Christian Church, established under the vision and leadership of Bishop Robert L. and Rev. Dr. Azalee C. Bishop, held its initial worship service on May 12, 1982 with a membership of seventy-seven Bible believers. This service was held at 1833 College Drive; a small daycare facility. In 1984 GCC moved to the Columbia Housing Authority’s Latimore Manor Housing Complex where it flourished for over seven years before being relocated to 627 Dixie Avenue. On October 17, 1995 GCC purchased 5010 Monticello Road, the church’s current location. On September 9, 1998 Grace Divinity College of Biblical Studies, accredited both by the Accrediting Commission International and International Biblical Association, was founded under the vision of Rev. Dr. Azalee C. Bishop.
In June 2006, founder and visionary Bishop Robert L. Bishop went to be with our Heavenly father. He is passionately remembered for his faithfulness for serving the Lord, his compassion for humanity and his unyielding desire to make his community better.
The Legacy Continues…
On June 10, 2007, the Board of Trustees of Grace Christian Church, unanimously voted that the legacy be continued under Pastor Aaron R. E. and First Lady Jennifer D. Bishop.
Weekly, Grace Christian Church reaches out to the Eau Claire community through its worship services as well as by providing a number of outreach and community-based services through the various ministries offered through GCC as well as through Greater Columbia Community Development Corporation, a non-profit 501(c)3.
Grace Christian Church is proud of its history and the tremendous spiritual and economic impact it has on its membership and the Eau Claire community.